Tuesday 10 April 2012

Silly me, hopes...:)





* Watching the last scene of serendipity*

The city was shrouded in white and the snowflakes gently danced their way to the ground.  I was surprised to read into his expressions. People move on, i said to myself. Despite the cold weather, chilly winds and our half written love stories, we all move on.

I intently watched, as he picked the glove she had left behind. Familiar feelings clutched my heart, as i saw his tearless cry. I knew exactly what it felt like, to have one half of something. I particularly liked the symbolism with the glove.

The loss of something, even as silly as a stationery can bring us pain. But the pain is worse, when you lose something that was meant to be a pair. It hurts me more, when i lose a earring, a glove or a sock. Because I know that no matter what, i cant put the other half to any use.They are incomplete without each other.

 Of course as time goes on, we'll buy ourselves new pairs. Different textures, hues, and patterns will come to replace them.  But then, the old unpaired one is still lying in the cupboard. Relegated to a corner, that you never reach out to, buried beneath all the newness you tried to fill yourself with, its still there. All by itself.

Perhaps we do the same with our lives too. As time passes by, we meet new people, make newer bonds, see new places, attain great heights, and let go of the relationships  we once had.  But what we don't realize is that, each one of these lost pairs, took with them a portion of us. Each time something ends, it changes you irreversibly. Every time you give up on a relationship,  you lose a little bit of yourself. The other half  takes away half of your memories, your dreams, and the very essence of 'you', adding to that stack of unpaired pairs in your heart.

Walking along...you liberally douse in the present,  ignore its lilting cries, channelize your pain, change as a person and end up with  a new pair. Its all good. Life is perfect!

Until someday, when you least expect it....poignant memories could come racing back to you, and remind you that life would have perhaps been a LOT different, had the strings of fate not connived a series of moves  to separate the pair.

Waking up next to a seemingly 'perfect person', you wonder, if this is where you REALLY wanted to be. Tossing on the buoyant sea of uncertainty, where billows of trouble roll under surges of joy, you realize that no matter how  great  the new pair is,  its not the 'same'.  It can never match the previous one perfectly. There is a reason they are called 'a pair'. They need each other to be complete.

Serendipity! I am glad he found his lost pair.  I hope we all find ours too:)

*sunshine*

3 comments:

  1. wow..this is beautifully written..the lost pair..I hope we all find ours..serendipity is a movie that I loved the most..:)

    Take care love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Serendipity is on the top of my Favorite List. And I couldn't agree more on this Post. The Pair. Wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @the other side of me- I liked the movie too. Thanks =D

    @mohit Thats a flattering comment. Thanks :P

    ReplyDelete