Wednesday 21 March 2012

Whew! Updates from a survior.


As i wrap up this one year of 'trying-to-teach',   here's a bulleted list from my work diary . Complete gibberish :-| hehe but this is definitely  going to serve as a good dose of laughter, when i am old and shriveled  and regale at my life as a 20 something teacher.

 *Typical monday morning begins with the weekend lethargy still suffused into me.  And when my mind is unable to clear up despite consuming gallons of coffee, an enthusiastic  high pitched Maaaaa'aaam would wash it all away. Aww teenagers. I cant wait to have my own <3

* Eh! I don't know about the fruits of patience, but the taste of revenge is certainly sweet .<evil grin>

* After  I've  have had a bad day, all i need to do is , get into the classroom, see their faces, start scribbling on the board, and soon I would forget all my troubles.  Just the concept of having a space to scribble uninhibitedly in my clumsy handwriting and then defend it with the aeyy-i-am-your-teacher-so-shut-up look  is awesome.  

* Carping unambitious women, who do not want to think  beyond home aesthetics, work politics, and culinary skills get on my nerves.  And why be apologetic about your individuality and independence?   If its unsettling to the patriarchal society, so be it!  < I should have been  divorce lawyer instead of a teacher >   Seriously:-|

* How to combat a boring  professional development class? Sit in the first row,  tap your watch furiously and pretend its not working. hehe it'll annoy the trainer big time. You could also try  turning on your headphones , and imagine him dance to an item number.  Imagining an ugly corpulent man dancing to sheila ki jawani, is hilarious. Eh! Whats the point of  imagination, if you don't use it  to  entertain yourself, in a torturous class like this. Be creative!
Of course, don't go overboard and envision shahid kapoor's lips on yours. Coz chances are, you never want that kiss to end, and you 'll keep blushing even when the annoying trainer prods you for answers.  Been there. Done that :-|

*Evaluating these ten months of work...my only major reason to crib would be that, not  many young dashing  people take to teaching. Huh! most of the people i  get to meet are grave looking middle aged paunchy men or equally boring women , who would annoy you with their arguments against dating, live in's , clubbing etc etc. Bespectacled ladies with that typical teacher-like expression on their face, discussing maids, busy husbands and sarees is  such a major torture.

* Rides in the bus are fun too. The little kid, who'd tug my dupatta and emanate happiness, every time i turn around and give him the i-know-its-you look, is SO adorable. Aww I could just pick him up, and hug him. Or may be secretly kidnap him and bring him up myself. lol


1 comment:

  1. My God..this is post is sooo me..Agree with a nod to all your words..teaching teenagers are so fun..especially when there is a love story in class..maybe i should write about this sometime on my blog :)


    Take care Aish :)

    ReplyDelete