Monday 2 January 2012

Words lose their way between me and you.


There is a screaming voice in my head, which goes unheard. A cry, which gets buried and dwindles away, There is a song buzzing inside my head, which is never sung aloud. There is a feeling which drowns in the moistness of my eyes, There is a muffled cry of a girl, still-in-love.

Can you hear 'em all?

There is a sorry i never uttered, A thank you, which was lost in the maze of thoughts, There is a stifled 'come back' in every 'go away' , There is a text, which i typed, restrained and erased.. there is an 'i love you' i never said.
I have lost the ability to translate my feelings into words. I have got used to them strangle and die, in the web of thoughts i weave during lonesome nights.

But tonight as i stand here, with a lump in my throat... I want you to turn back, and look into my beseeching eyes, I want you to  read the words that wont part from my lips. I want you to read the million muted sounds that are dying inside my head.

I want you to read my silence. Will you?

4 comments:

  1. I can try to listen :) It sounded like uncomfortable silences post that I had written few days back..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully the * someone* who has to listen, listens :P

    Oh really? let me go read it:) Yea i guess at some point of time, all of us feel that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well written and a soulful narrative! Hope that someone is around to listen!

    ReplyDelete