Friday 30 December 2011

Looking back..


So another year slips by swiftly,  and a brand New year is going to  be here soon. Whew! I am glad i survived last year.  2011 has been quite a year;)

This year has been one of those years , when you are speeding on a highway, DEAD SURE of where you want to be and all of a sudden, life's invisible hands steer you  towards the nearest exit. Its taught me a LOT! And i am super glad that this year happened.

Dreams crumbled,leaving me in a strange land. Only to make me realize that sometimes we do not know whats best for us.With Old endings, come new beginnings. Its true.  I have come to trust the universe a lot more this year.  I have learnt  that the good things you do never go unaccounted. In the strangest of  times, it comes back to you.It does:)

This year changed my perspective on relationships too. The equation with friends and family have been rearranged. They have formed into concentric circles. While a few remain at the core,others have found their places at different orbits.

After things ended with G, I took up to teaching in june. Initially I needed time to heal, to study, to untangle and discover me, and at the same time i wanted to earn. I was selfish and weary when i chose it. But off late, i like work. Its been a different experience altogether. And no matter what i eventually  end up doing in life,I'll always cherish teaching those boisterous teens.

Sometimes,its strange how your 'being' can make a difference to somebody, while you remain oblivious to it. Their smile, their youth, their lustrous eyes, their eagerness to learn, their shallow attractions and infatuations, their petty fights..it reminds of how simple things can actually be.

Oooh and how could i forget mentioning K. Thanks to work, i met K this year. Free spirited, Muddled and stuck at cross roads. She's a  poet at heart and a lover of life.I see sparks of a long lasting friendship between us.

2011 has made me a tad bit wiser and a wee bit stronger. Its taught me to pick myself up,and go ahead, undaunted, unfazed.  I do not plan to make any resolutions in particular, but i choose to step into the new year,with a  heart much lighter, a stronger mind and a vision with clarity.

Wishing you all a great year ahead....with plentiful smiles, new learning's and a special someone, to always stand by you :P

2 comments:

  1. I really liked this post! :)
    2011 has made me wiser too!

    Hope you have an even better 2012.
    Happy New year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Wishing you a sweeter Year ahead. Stay Positive, Stay Strong

    ReplyDelete